Last update on November 2020
I. LEGAL NOTICES
The www.ropac.net website is edited by the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC SARL, a société à responsabilité limitée, with a share capital of EUR 170,000, registered with the Commercial and Companies Registry of Paris under number B 378 288 617, whose SIRET number is 37828861700020 and whose registered office is located 7, rue Debelleyme – 75003 – Paris.
Telephone: + 33 1 4272 9900
Director of publication: Florian Kromus
The website www.ropac.net is hosted by ARTLOGIC, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 03829035, whose registered office is at 1 Pickle Mews, London, SW9 OFJ.
Telephone: +44 20 7112 8825
1/ Warranties and Liability
The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC does its best to ensure that the information accessible on this website is accurate and up-to-date. However, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC does not guarantee the accuracy and update of this information.
The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC shall not be liable for any damages, whether direct or indirect, which may result from the use of this website. In particular, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC shall not be held liable in the event of an interruption or inability to access this website or of any damage resulting from fraudulent acts committed by third parties out of this site.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on computer and that allow notably to memorize the Internet sessions and facilitate the browsing on the site. This also includes essential security and accessibility features and the preferences of the user in terms of interface
General information about the cookies is available on the CNIL’s website: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/
How can I delete or reject a cookie?
Most of the browsers accept cookies. Certain browsers offer to delete them after each visit.
You can set your computer to accept or reject cookies at any time. For this purpose, you may go to the “Help” menu of your browser which will tell you how to reject new cookies or get a message informing you of their receipt or how to disable all cookies.
Further information on how to set the Cookies can be found on the following websites:
Internet Explorer™ browser:
If you wish to disable Google Analytics, you may download and install the module developed by Google for your browser by clicking here.
For more information on Google’s analytic cookies, please refer to Google’s help pages and confidentiality rules:
Google’s Confidentiality Rules
Which cookies are placed on our website?
Google Analytics : They are used to conduct statistical analyses on the way the users act on this site. The results of these analyses are processed anonymously and for statistical purposes to improve the users’ experience on the website.
When using the website or certain services linked to the website, some data are automatically collected: (i) IP address, (ii) reference of the navigation software used, (iii) navigation data (date, time, content consulted, search terms used, etc.), (iv) reference of the operating system. Among the technologies used to collect this information, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC may use “php” sessions that store each user’s data using a unique session identifier. These php sessions keep the data in memory only for the time of browsing. The data collected during user’s browsing on the site are deleted when the user’s browser is closed, or where applicable, within a maximum period of thirteen months from their collection.
2.2 Processing of Personal Data
Which Personal Data do we collect from you? The Galerie THADDAEUS ROPAC applies the principle of minimization and protection of Personal Data from the design (“privacy by design”) and by default (“privacy by default”). Only personal data that is relevant, adequate and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of the processing, is collected. With your prior consent, when you fill in the form on our website to subscribe to the Newsletter or buy a product on our eshop, we are likely to collect and process the following data: usual identification and contact data, including first name, last name, title, email address mailing address, phone number, payment information, purchase history, offers made, offers received and interests data
How do we use your Personal Data? We use your Personal Data in connection with y, to respond to your requests or to send you regular news and information about the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC. We also use your Personal Data in order to guarantee the access and navigation on the website and to improve the efficiency and functionality of the website.
Personal Data collected on our website are reserved to the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC and to our technical service providers including hosting providers that take part in the management of our websites. Under these circumstances, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC undertakes to use service providers offering sufficient guarantees as to the implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures so that the processing meets the legal and regulatory requirements in force and guarantees the protection of the rights of the persons concerned.
We keep your Personal Data secure for the term necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing being pursued, subject to the legal possibilities and obligations with regard to archiving, obligations to retain certain data and/or anonymization. In the absence of concrete implementation, they are deleted within the time recommended by the CNIL, i.e. after three years from the time they are collected by the website.
Where do we stock your Personal Data? Your Personal Data are stored either in our databases or in those of our service providers including hosting providers. In some cases, these databases may be stored on servers located outside the country (including outside the European union) from which you initially entered the data. In the event of recourse to affiliates or service providers located out of the European Union, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC undertakes to verify that appropriate measures have been put in place to ensure that your Personal Data benefit from an adequate level of protection (in particular through standard clauses of the European Commission, the Binding Corporate Rules (“BCR”) or the Privacy Shield put in place between the European Union and the United States of America).
The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC collects and processes your Personal Data with the utmost confidentiality and in compliance with applicable laws. You are protected against unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data. When the disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties is necessary and authorized, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC ensures that such third parties guarantee your Personal Data the same level of protection as that offered by the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC, and requires contractual guarantees so that, in particular, your Personal Data are exclusively processed for the purposes you accepted, with the required confidentiality and security. The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC implements technical and organizational measures to ensure that Personal Data is securely stored for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes in accordance with applicable law. Your attention is drawn to the fact that no transmission of storage technology is totally infallible. Therefore and in accordance with applicable regulations, in the event of a proven breach of your Personal Data that is likely to create a high risk for your rights and freedoms, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC will communicate this breach to the competent supervisory authority and to you when required by such regulations, and in accordance with the methods provided for by said regulations. It is up to you to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Data and in particular to your computer and digital terminals (computer, smartphone, tablet in particular).
How can you access your Personal Data? In accordance with the French Data Protection Law (Informatique et Libertés) of 6 January 1978, as amended by the law of 20 June 2018 with the European regulation n°2016/679 (GRPD) of 27 April 2016 and national law adopted for its application, you have the following rights with regard to your Personnal Data:
- the rightto get information on the processing of your Personal Data and the right to access your Personal Data (The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC undertakes to use its best efforts to provide concise, transparent and accessible information on the conditions for processing your Personal Data. You have the right to obtain confirmation that your Personal Data is being processed by the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC and to receive a copy in electronic form (for any additional copy, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC shall be entitled to demand payment of a fee based on the administrative costs incurred);
- the right of erasure and to rectify your Personal Data (You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data, and the right to request the correction of your Personal Data when such data is erroneous or obsolete. The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC undertakes to ensure that this right is respected as soon as possible and by default within 30 days of the request being made to it in sufficiently clear and unequivocal terms. It is specified that the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC may retain certain Personal Data when the law requires it to do so or in case of legitimate reason;
- the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data (You may object at any time and for reasons to your particular situation or for legitimate reasons to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or to the reuse of your Personal Data for different processing operations, except in the event of performance by the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC of one of its legal obligations;
- the right to limit the processing of your Personal Data (You have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your Personal Data). This right is applicable only:
- If you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data;
- If you can establish that the processing of your Personal Data is unlawful and requests a limitation of their use rather than an erasure;
- If the GALERIE THADDEUS ROPAC no longer needs your Personal Data, but the data are still necessary for you to establish, exercise or defend your rights in court;
- If you object to the processing operation which would be based on the legitimate interest of the controller, during the verification as to whether the legitimate reasons pursued by the controller prevail over yours.
- the right of complaint to a supervisory authority (If you consider that the efforts made by the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC to preserve the confidentiality of your Personal Data do not guarantee the respect of your rights, you have the possibility of lodging a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (CNIL or any other authority on the list available from the European Commission);
- the right to decide on the fate of your Personal Data after death. You have the right to organize the fate of your Personal Data after your death by adopting general or particular directives that the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC undertakes to respect. In the absence of such directives, the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC acknowledges that heirs may exercise certain rights, in particular the right of access if it is necessary for the settlement of the deceased’s estate and the right of opposition;
- the right to portability of your Personal Data. You have a right to the portability of your data, authorizing you to obtain from the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request that this Personal Data be transmitted to another data controller.
These rights may be exercised by writing to: GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC - 3, rue Debeylleme, 75003 PARIS or by sending an email to <email@example.com>.
The data controller is Mr. Thaddaeus Ropac, the website’s editor.
In addition, the option to unsubscribe from the Newsletter is offered to all members in a unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each email received.
3/ Intellectual Property
The domain name of this website belongs to the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC.
The trademark THADDAEUS ROPAC has been filed as an international trademark under application n° 1132061 dated July 24, 2012.
The site, the content thereof and all of the materials constituting the site:
- are intellectual works and as such are subject to the protection granted by the French Intellectual Property Code;
- are the exclusive property of the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC or of the respective owners thereof, with whom the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC has entered into license agreements.
The following are strictly forbidden:
- the use of all of part of the website, including the download, reproduction, transmission, representation or diffusion to purposes other than for the internet user’s personal and private use for non-commercial purposes,
- the total or partial reproduction of the THADDAEUS ROPAC trademark.
4/ Hypertext Links
This website may contain hypertexts links to other websites. The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC does not control the content or the policy relating to privacy and personal data protection of these websites. Henceforth, the liability of the GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC may not be incurred as a result of the content or actions of these third-party sites. The GALERIE THADDAEUS ROPAC invites you to become acquainted with the personal data protection policies implemented by the editors of these sites before sending them any personal information concerning you.
1/ Amendment of the Legal Notices and of the Terms
These Legal Mentions and Terms are drawn up in compliance with French law, including the provisions applicable to the rules of private international law.